PANEL OF PHYSICIANS
Pursuant to Georgia’s Workers’ Compensation Act, every employer is required to:
United Business Insurance Company has provided a Posted Panel of Physicians for each of your locations. A valid panel will ensure that all employees injured on-the-job are being treated by competent physicians and your organization complies with the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Educate ALL employees so they are aware of the procedure to obtain medical treatment after an on-the-job injury.
- Post the Panel of Physicians in prominent places upon the business premises.
- Educate all employees so they are aware of the function of the Posted Panel of Physicians and how to select a physician
- Give all employees appropriate assistance in contacting panel doctors to schedule appointments after an on-the-job injury.
- The panel attached MUST be properly completed and posted in prominent locations upon the business premises such as bulletin boards, employee’s break station, time card clock, personnel office, etc.
- The panel should also be posted at remote job sites where employees are regularly required to work away from their principle place of business.
- All employees injured on-the-job MUST select a doctor from the panel. The employee has the right to make ONE change of doctor from the posted panel and this change may be made without prior authorization.
PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PANEL OF PHYSICIANS